Sunday, October 26, 2008

Art Adventure, Part 2

On the road to Giverny:
It was a foggy, misty walk at the beginning. We had to cross the Seine -- the same river that flows through Paris. Below is a picture of a small island in the river. I thought it looked nice and Halloween-ish -- mist and mystery! Who lives on the island? An ogre? A witch? A knight? My imagination was working overtime!
















As we walked along, we noticed the way people constructed their fences. Look at the fence in this chicken yard! It is made of sticks woven together. I thought it was quite creative. Then look at the little fence that seems to be made of grass. See the lump? It is a snail! I do not know if it is the kind the French eat and call escargot, but I thought it was kind of cute just there on the fence. It wasn’t much bigger than a dime.










Part 3 of the Art Adventure coming soon!

No comments: