Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas -- The Crèche at Notre Dame, Part 2

I stood and watched the clouds on the screen above the crèche for a long time. For a moment, I wondered if they were the same clouds as outside, but then I remembered that the day I went the sky was totally covered by clouds. So, no, it was a collection of cloud pictures from some other day, I suppose.

The next thing I noticed was ABOVE the crèche. There are carvings in stone that tell the whole story of Jesus' birth from the Annunciation to the Flight into Egypt. They seemed to come to life. First they were lit from behind. Then the light seemed to change to fire! It was quite beautiful to watch. Below are three photos of the change of lighting. The stars on the people's clothing seemed to twinkle.










No comments: